Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summer Mix Part 1


A Nice summer afternoon with some rain to take the heat off...

Caroline, No - Beach Boys
a song to play by the sunset.. of nostalgia, disappointment and love.

Visions of Tokyo- This is Oxford
just a fun song that has that beach feeling.

Homesick- Kings of Convenience
how i feel these days. you can picture yourself sitting by the windowsill looking out the window. are you sitting inside or locked out?

I lose some sales and my boss won't be happy
But I can't stop listening to the sound
Of two soft voices mended in perfection
From the reels of this record that I found
Everyday there's a boy in the mirror
Asking me what are you doing here
Finding all my previous motives
Growing increasingly unclear

I’ve travelled far and I’ve burned all the bridges
I believed as soon as I hit land
All the other options held before me
Will wither in the light of my plan
So I loose some sales and my boss won't be happy
But there’s only one thing on my mind
Searching boxes underneath the counter
On a chance that on a tape I’d find
A song for
Someone who needs somewhere
To long for

Homesick
Cause I no longer know
What home is

Postales- Federico Aubele
I saw them in concert with Thievery Corp. Awesome.

Cambodia- Kim Wilde
Very 80s feeling song. Was in a movie i just saw.. Dans Paris. in probably the best scene in the movie.

She Loves Everybody- Chester French
New band signed by Pharrell. Again, just fun, great sound.

Paper Planes- M.I.A

Photographs are not memories- Victor Bermon

The Look of Love- Sergio Mendes
Always a classic..

Light My Fire- Astrud Gilberto
A summer evening.. music, good company, candles and wine.

Changes- Seu Jorge
Also in concert with Thievery Corp when i saw them.. perfect for my rainy day. I think i like this version better than the Bowie original. Heartbreaking.

You and I- Dennis Wilson
Another California feeling sound. Recently reissued.

Summerlong- Paper Cuts

A Summer Song- Chad and Jeremy

Your Summer Dress- Dirty on Purpose

Sweet and Low Ponies in the Surf.

No comments: